30/01/2007

Our schools in Spain have celebrated the International Day for Peace

Anna Maria has brought a white dove with stickers, an international symbol I should think. Sofia has coloured a picture with two children talking and in her class they have shared about the importance of trying talking when they disagree with each other.
But if we go deeper and you ask her what would she talk about? You just realize she has no idea, of what the real meaning should be, since she just imagines she will insist 1000 times on her own will TALKING instead of hitting someone and that's basically it...
So this is one of my favourite games to illustrate to her what she should do.( Now the picture makes some sense, right ;-)) Before talking just try a different point of view. When you see things upside down, apart from a great deal of laugther you might as well start the talking with some listening... so I do not know if next time she and a friend of hers will both go like that, but the Talking would probably mean more than it does now, just a full stop for the International Day for Peace... take care!

2 comments:

Paul Beaufait said...

Wow, Maite!

What an inspiration your picture and words are:

Before talking, just try a different point of view. When you see things upside down, apart from a great deal of laughter, you might as well start the talking with some listening.... (30 January 2007)

Now may I suggest that you go to your Blogger dashboard, select Manage: Settings (or the equivalent in your language view), and Turn On Word Verification? Yes, by all means, this should help prevent spamming of your blog.

Maite Martinez Serra said...

Hi Paul,

Hoping you will stop by some time to read this. I just want to tank you for the anti-spam clue..and your comment. Sometimes I am really worried at how easy behaviour is prescribed and how difficult it really is to shape spirits..what I wanted to show in my comment is that I would rather have respectful children than just polite ones, and eventhough sometimes it feels weird trying to share some thinking with the little ones there is always a way to do it...playing, because they probably think more than us, there is no fossilization for reality perception in their brains, there is lots of hope still..hope to get more clues for you.
Thanks,
Maite