25/02/2007

UNIT 3: TRUE AND FALSE ROUTINES

Dear students: This topic is about routines. Normally routines are boring, aren't they? Never mind in this blog, we can invent some routines. Some are true, some others are not...Follow my example!
I never use the alarm clock. I always wake up on time and I am never tired. My children usually prepare breakfast for me and are always happy and never spoilt!. I never find trafic and I always listen to good news on the radio! I often find lots of comments to my posts, sometimes they are really amazing. I often have time to play music and go to the coutryside. I see my family every week and I do not usually miss my friends...!
Can you tell which are lies and which are true? Tell us about your routines and we will discover the real and the fiction ones.

2 comments:

testecarla said...

Dear Maite,

I guess that most of what you said is just a wish!

As for me, I always use the alarm clock. I never wake up on time. My husband prepares the family breakfast every day, and he never ever oversleeps! I sometimes go out at night to have some fun with my husband and friends. I never get tired, and my little kids let me sleep up to 10 in the morning every weekend. Aren't they sweet? I visit my family every single weekend, just like Maite. My life in Key West is great. Don't you think?

How much of my story do you think is right? You can ask me questions!I'd be glad to answer you!

Carla
A Brazilian EFL Teacher!

Dennis said...

Hello, Maite--and students.

I enjoyed reading the two examples about routines--Maite's and Carla's. Here's my version.

I never need an alarm to help me wake up at a particular time; this is especially true if I had a long day and very little sleep because I always wake up on time and I am never tired.

The only time I prepare big breakfasts is Monday through Friday because that's when I have time to do it. I never have time to prepare big breakfasts on Saturday or Sunday because (like everyone) I work on those days.

When I drive to work, there are never any traffic jams because Phoenix, Arizona (where I live) is a very small city and is growing very slowly.

When I am driving, I listen to the news and (as everyone knows) it is always good. My family lives in Phoenix and in other parts of the U.S., so I see them every day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How much of my story is true? You can use this link as one way to help you decide. Use your head for any information that you can't find in the link!

I'll also be happy to answer questions!

Dennis in Phoenix
(an online colleague of your teacher and of Carla Arena)